Employment Discrimination Attorneys Columbus, Ohio
What constitutes employment discrimination in Columbus, Ohio?
Private companies, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations have legal obligations to treat employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of any person’s age, race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, disability, pregnancy status, or history of military service. Federal and state laws call these characteristics “protected classes.” When a person in a protected class does not get hired for a job he or she is qualified to hold, gets fired from a job he or she was performing well or experiences harassment, they may need advice and representation from a Columbus employment discrimination lawyer.
What does a Columbus Ohio discrimination lawyer do?
Employees and job applicants have rights and protections under several laws such as the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Pregnancy Discrimination Act, the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act of 1994 (USERRA). The Columbus, Ohio-based discrimination lawyers with The Friedmann Firm are committed to ensuring people have every opportunity to enjoy those protections and to exercise those rights.
As Columbus employment discrimination attorneys, we handle civil lawsuits for plaintiffs. We also welcome opportunities to help employers understand the rules and regulations they must comply with so they can avoid allegations of employment discrimination.
When do you need a Columbus employment discrimination attorney?
Many different situations can make speaking with or hiring a Columbus workplace discrimination lawyer worthwhile. Consider:
- Are you older than 40? Do co-workers performing the same job as you receive higher raises and more opportunities for promotion? Did a hiring manager tell you that the organization needed someone with “more energy” or who “would not be looking to retire in a couple of years”? You may need a Columbus age discrimination attorney.
- Do managers or colleagues use racial slurs when speaking to or about you? Do white employees receive preferential treatment when it comes to assigning shifts and signing off on management training courses? You may need a Columbus race discrimination lawyer.
- Has a supervisor threatened to fire you for requesting an additional break because you suffer a progressive muscle-weakening condition? Did a job interviewer tell you that the organization would not make a welcoming place for a person in a wheelchair? You may need a disability discrimination attorney in Columbus, Ohio.
- Did a manager tell you not to return when you requested maternity leave? Were you put on light duty and restricted hours with lower pay when you informed people at work that were pregnant? You may need a Columbus pregnancy discrimination lawyer.
- Do co-workers mock you for praying in private during breaks? Does the workplace ban beards and head covering for reasons other than safety? Has a supervisor pressured you to join a Bible study group? You may need a religious discrimination attorney in Columbus, Ohio.
- Did your civilian world job go to someone else while you served on active duty in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, or Coast Guard? Did you lose seniority and miss out on general pay raises just because your National Guard duty kept you away from your regular job? You may need a veterans discrimination lawyer in Columbus, Ohio.
- Is your employer or a manager hostile toward you because of your use of FMLA leave? Were you terminated shortly after requesting FMLA leave? Were you fired while you were on FMLA leave or shortly after returning? You may need a Columbus FMLA lawyer.
How can you contact a Columbus employment discrimination lawyer?
The questions listed above represent just a handful of situations in which a Columbus Ohio discrimination attorney can be of service. All instances of unequal and unfair treatment of an employee or job seeker motivated by discriminatory intent demand to be called out and corrected. Contacting an employment discrimination attorney in the Columbus offices of The Friedmann Firm can be an essential first step toward seeking justice.
You can schedule a free and confidential consultation online or schedule an appointment by calling 614.610.9755 with our top rated employment discrimination lawyers in Columbus, Ohio. We have appeared in local and federal courts across Ohio so do not hesitate to reach out if you live in or around Columbus, Cleveland, Toledo, or Cincinnati.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Rachel was absolutely amazing. As an attorney she really took the time to really listen to my concerns. She was honest and kept me informed every step of the way. The outcome was favorable on my behalf and I appreciate her efforts to achieve a good outcome. I would highly recommend her and the Friedmann firm to represent me if ever needed in future.
Working with Rachel Sabo from Friedmann Firm was absolutely amazing! She upholds integrity, honesty and without a doubt fights for what is right! Rachel was extremely transparent and real! Please don’t let wrong be right, Rachel will strive to advocate and put her whole heart in obtaining resolve in your situation! What an absolute blessing, she won my case in less than 1 week💪
My experience with the Friedmann Firm is an absolute 5 stars. From my very first call with Karen, to all of my communication with Rachel, everything exceeded all of my expectations. Rachel and Karen were so caring and understanding in a very sensitive situation. They responded immediately to any questions or concerns I had. I would HIGHLY recommend the Friedmann Firm. They are caring, professional, understanding, and I would trust them with any issue I have in the future.
Rachel and the Friedmann Firm were fantastic to work with. The thought of needing an employment lawyer was scary for me, it was confusing and complex. But Rachel listened, asked questions and took time to really understand me and my priorities. I felt calm, supported and excited for the first time in weeks after talking to her!! We worked together to review everything, set expectations and meet my priorities! Thanks Rachel and team for all your work!!!
Rachel Friedmann of the Friedman Firm was my attorney for a very recent legal matter. I would highly recommend Rachel based on her legal knowledge, her honest appraisal of the matter and expected outcomes, her open communication and timely responses to my questions and the matter itself, and her steadfastness in dealing with the opposing counsel until a final agreement was reached.
Rachel and her staff went over and above the call of duty to help me achieve fiscal resolution to my legal issue. She wasn’t always available to talk but was always responsive via text and email when in court out of the office and even on vacation. I feel she earned her percentage cut.
Couldn’t be happier with the representation I received from Jamie Bailey on my civil litigation case. She worked tirelessly to resolve the case and in the end negotiated a fair settlement on my behalf. I would highly recommend her to anyone! Thanks for everything Friedman law firm.
Friedman Firm was a great help in a difficult time in my life. They went above and beyond to get me back on track. Rachel was so good to work with and is extremely knowledgeable about the law and employment rights. Can't thank them enough for all there hard work. Highly recommend them to anyone.
The Friedmann Firm (specifically Pete Friedmann) represented me through what seemed like a never ending employment discrimination suit. The suit was filed just before Covid shut everything down in 2020. Add to that a former employer who refused to admit fault. In spite of all of that, Pete stood resolute in his representation of me and working for the best outcome for me. We ended up settling prior to trial and I was more than satisfied with the results. Pete was always available to answer questions and reassure me throughout this process. I highly recommend The Friedmann Firm!
Pete Friedmann and his firm are fantastic. He represented me for more than a year going through a suit with a previous employer. He walked me through every step of the process and was always quick to respond to any questions I had. My settlement came in and we parted ways with both sides being pleased with the outcome. I highly recommend the Friedmann firm and wouldn’t hesitate to use them again in the future if the need arose. Thank you, Pete!
Rachel and the Friedmann Firm have been amazing to work with. Rachel was very helpful, listened to our concerns and took our case. She communicated well throughout and really worked for us. We were very well represented!
I loved working with The Friedmann Firm. Rachel and Jamie are exceptional lawyers and were diligent in reviewing my case and letting me know of my options. Jamie was extremely thorough and handled even the smallest details of my case with ease. The entire process was seamless and they were always quick to respond to emails and calls. I would definitely recommend working with The Friedmann Firm.
I would recommend Rachel Sabo Friedmann and the Friedmann firm for severance negotiations. Rachel was always available and responsive and made an effort to ensure I was updated on every step of the process. Her diligent efforts produced a prompt resolution and we are very happy with the results!