Discrimination Attorney Cleveland, Ohio
Despite the social progress of the 21st century, discrimination occurs every day. These unfortunate incidents are even more detrimental to the victim if they happen in the work place.
If you or someone you know has been the victim of workplace discrimination, it is critical to hire a discrimination attorney in Cleveland, Ohio. Our legal professionals at The Friedmann Firm will fight for your rights to ensure you receive the treatment you deserve.
Top Rated Discrimination Lawyer Cleveland, Ohio
In the state of Ohio, it is illegal for any type of employer, private corporation, non-profit organization or government agency to discriminate against its employees or applicants. If you believe you have experienced discrimination in the workplace, you will need an experienced Cleveland, Ohio discrimination attorney to stand up for your rights.
Discrimination is defined as treating an employee or applicant poorly/unfairly based on age, race, sex, religion, gender, disability, national origin, pregnancy status or military service. These characteristics are all considered “protected classes”. If a person in a protected class is fired despite good job performance, is not hired for a job for which they are qualified or if they experience harassment in the workplace, that is considered discrimination.
Have you experienced discrimination in the workplace?
There are many different examples of employment discrimination. If you can relate to any of the following examples, you should seek out an Ohio employment discrimination attorney.
- Are you over 40 and stopped getting raises or started receiving low marks on your performance reviews when your job performance has not changed? Have you been reassigned unpleasant duties or even been questioned about retirement? This may be age discrimination.
- Do your co-workers or supervisors make jokes based on your race? Have you reported an instance of racism in the workplace and received a reprimand or has your grievance gone unheard? This may be race discrimination.
- Do male co-workers receive more consistent promotions, better benefits, or higher pay than their female colleagues? Have you experienced sexual harassment in the workplace? This may be gender discrimination.
- Has your employer failed to make reasonable accommodations for your disability? Were you asked to take a medical exam as part of the application process? This may be disability discrimination.
- Does your workplace ban head covering for reasons other than safety? Do your co-workers harass you or make jokes because you pray during your breaks? This may be religious discrimination.
- Have you been fired or demoted when you revealed that you are pregnant? Have you been asked by management to not return from maternity leave? This may be pregnancy discrimination.
- Has your manager or employer refused to authorize your FMLA leave? Have you been harassed or even terminated for using your FMLA leave? This may be FMLA discrimination.
- Did you return from serving on active duty in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, or Coast Guard and your civilian job was not kept available for you? Were you reprimanded, demoted, or miss a pay raise while you were away on your National Guard duty? This may be military discrimination.
These are just a handful of examples of situations for which the services of a discrimination attorney in Cleveland, Ohio would be useful. You have rights and we can help you defend them. All unfair and discriminatory treatment in the workplace should not be tolerated, and we will be there for you to fight for your rights.
The Friedmann Firm | Discrimination Attorneys
If you have been a victim of workplace discrimination, call The Friedmann Firm to schedule a consultation with one of our knowledgeable and experienced Cleveland EEOC attorneys today. Our consultations are always free and confidential. Don’t make a mistake you’ll regret, let us represent you through the entire process. If you are starting a new job, changing jobs, or if you find yourself in situation where you suspect discrimination, our attorneys will be there with you through every step of the process. We will ensure that you are treated fairly in the workplace. We offer free consultations. Call The Friedmann Firm at 440.703.8550 today to speak to one of our legal professionals.