Class Action Lawsuit Lawyer Cleveland Ohio
What is a Class Action Lawsuit and What Can a Class Action Lawsuit Lawyer in Cleveland, Ohio Do?
To understand what a Cleveland class action lawyer can do, we briefly want to look at what a class action lawsuit is.
Class action lawsuits occur when a large group of people (known as a class) who have experienced similar or the same kind of injuries from a service, product, or action file a class or collective action lawsuit.
A class action lawsuit can start when one individual consults a Cleveland class action lawsuit attorney. Then, more members may join to form a class.
A class action lawsuit can typically form when these two conditions exist:
- The issue must be common to every member of the class that has formed
- The class members must be numerous
Courts allow a numerous class to form a class action lawsuit when it would be impractical for a large number of individual plaintiffs to bring their claims forward on their own. With that understanding, a single lawsuit will be filed by a class action attorney in Cleveland, Ohio on behalf of the class that has formed together.
Working with a class action lawsuit lawyer can help to streamline the legal process. You can contact The Friedmann Firm for a free, confidential consultation online to learn more.
What Kind of Situations Might Require a Class Action Lawsuit Lawyer in Cleveland, Ohio?
There are many situations in which a class action lawsuit might form. Situations in which you might be working with a class action lawyer can include:
What Are the Benefits of Working with a Class Action Lawyer in Cleveland, Ohio?
There are a few benefits to working with a class action lawyer on a lawsuit that you may be part of. These benefits include:
- The overall cost of a class action lawsuit is shared among all members of the class. If a class action lawsuit is successful, attorney fees can be paid out of the recovery, or the defendant may cover the fees.
- The class is typically represented by class representatives. These representatives will serve as the public-facing face of the class action lawsuit, allowing other members to be more passive.
- The process of a class action lawsuit is typically efficient, only involving one court, judge, and decision.
A class action lawsuit where the damages or issues are only minor can be beneficial to class members as well. Working with a class action lawyer in Cleveland, Ohio as a member of a class can reduce costs and other stresses that can arise from trying to file separately.
Contact a Cleveland Class Action Lawyer
If you need to speak with a class action lawyer in Cleveland, Ohio, reach out to the Friedmann Firm today. The Friedmann Firm is completely focused on employment law and our class action lawsuit lawyers in Ohio have experience representing clients from the surrounding areas.
Call our experienced firm to get in touch with a class action lawsuit lawyer in Cleveland, Ohio at 440-703-8550 or contact us online to schedule a free and confidential consultation.